Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Coming Out: The Vegan Closet

So I kind of "came out of the vegan closet" today.  I was at lunch with a friend and mentioned that I wasn't eating dairy, specifically not saying the word vegan.  Then she asked me if I was vegan and I said "yea, kind of...I'm trying...its a process."  It didn't necessarily feel good in the same way that coming out as a vegetarian was, but maybe it'll be better when I mention it to my Mom.  Why is something like this so important?  I know that a lot of vegans believe in "spreading the vegan gospel," and that this could be a part of it...but why is this so important to me?  I am not particularly occupied with whether I will or will not be accepted, but it seems strange that telling people about my veganism is on my to-do list.

Much like this blog, why share?

That said, I'm not doubting anything at all.  Today I felt like I was eating "normal meals," as in I didn't fill that concerned about avoiding Dairy.  I mostly just gravitated towards vegan things!  HUZZAH!!!!

Now to find a non-leather belt ( I lost 10 lbs!  Not a goal, but a noticeable change!)

No comments:

Post a Comment